Partner with us so we are allowed on Google Play Store
You want to Download the App? We could deliver! Well, almost...
You came here to download the app for CoronaSymptomsMap.org. We have "launched" the new version 5 of the needed app for that, One Touch Location, on 14th of June 2020 at 3pm in the Play Store. The Google Play Console shows "v5 fully released" to us, but since then we are held in review.
So yesterday, 14th of June, we learned of the following Google Play regulations for the first time:
We thank Google for protecting users and offering their help to millions worldwide with their own Bluetooth tracing solution in partnership with Apple. Many governments worldwide use the Google/Apple solution, just like Germany does by offering their official Corona app this week based on Google/Apple technology. We fully appreciate and respect that, and as the first app agency in the German speaking world we partner with Google since many years, and have released dozens of apps to Google Play for our clients or on our own. We always played and always will play by the rules.
We think that users have the right to choose
With CoronaSymptomsMap.org we offer an alternative location-based, transparent, pro-active, anonymous, individual, voluntary and GDPR-compliant global Corona symptoms mapping solution based on the well-rated and trusted GPS tracking app One Touch Location (est. 2013) to people who do not want to install Corona bluetooth tracing apps, mostly offered by their governments. We disclosed our concept very openly on this web page. Please get in contact if you still have questions about privacy or our offering.
What advantages does CoronaSymptomsMap.org have compared to a bluetooth tracing app?
- Symptom reports are earlier in the process.
- Visibility and real-time transparency on the map while keeping reporters anonymous and safe.
- Complete data sovereignty for the user, who can decide if to report, update, stop or delete their symptoms.
- No bluetooth needed, no contact tracing, and no online or server-side evaluation of meetings, never!
- It's a solution for people to inform and individually protect themselves pro-actively beforehand. Bluetooth tracing apps on the contrary, will contact a single person only in the case they are already under risk of having been infected, and now should separate themselves from others.
- Bluetooth tracing apps are reported to be successful only if more than 60% of the population will install it, in order for infection chains to effectively be tracked down to be interrupted. We think there could be a high possibility that such an acceptation rate could fail in many countries, because people might decide against the concept, that every contact on the street is getting traced by such a bluetooth system, whether healthy or sick. Therefore, an alternative visual system like CoronaSymptomsMap.org could be an interesting alternative or at least, should be allowed as a parallel information system to be distributed on Google Play for the masses.
- Reported symptoms on the map lead to other people also report their symptoms (bystander effect).
- People currently experiencing and suffering from symptoms feel that they are not alone, and can use the optional message field to communicate and share.
- Predictive, careful social distancing where a high density of symptoms is indicated on the map could help to save lives, save costs, save economics, ramp-up ICU units where it could be needed soon and prevent social problems at an early stage in the crisis management process.
- Giving people an other option to choose, and thus no factually lock-in to the one and only official governmental Corona app per country.
How can you help us getting One Touch Location 5 Corona App released in Play Store?
- Government partnerships: Are you a government representative, and want to establish the alternative approach of CoronaSymptomsMap.org for your country? Please, get in touch! We would be happy to partner up.
- Health organisation partnerships: Are you a health care employee or manager, e.g. from CVS Health, UK National Health Service, UnitedHealth Group, Kaiser Permanente, French national healthcare system, Netcare (South Africa), One Medical, etc. who would like to additionally see CoronaSymptomsMap.org used for pro-active health management in your communities? Please, get in touch! We would be happy to partner up.
- Organisations: If you think our concept is helpful and should be allowed to launch next to governmental bluetooth tracing apps, please get in touch! We would be happy to list you on a supporters page with your logo, your optional statement and link to your website.
- Journalists and lawyers: We want to understand, why EUvsVirus.org hackathon was carried out by the European Union (EU) in April where thousands of developers contributed their ideas, time and money and created interesting apps, and why they now face the same blocking as us and are not allowed to be released in the Google Play Store?
- Corona bloggers, tech enthusiasts, private persons: Please post or write about us, our "blocking state", Google Play policies and sign our open petition "Allow CoronaSymptomsMap.org on Google Play" on Change.org. Thank you!
- Please do not: We dissociate ourselves from conspiracy theories, conspiratorial narratives and ask you to maintain a factual and serving form of communication for a common well-being.
Don't be confused by Google Play
If you go to the app page of One Touch Location on Google Play, you currently will see the old version 4.3, last updated in 2017. Please don't download it for CoronaSymptomsMap.org, as it won't have the Corona features included yet (you need version 5 of 2020 for that). Sorry for the confusion, but since the review it seems we cannot update the Play Store text anymore.
Check back regularly for updates
Please check back here regularly for updates in this matter. Our mission is to help everyone staying healthy and safe, before they eventually get infected, we are confident, that we will find a solution in tune with Google Play, to have One Touch Location 5 Corona released soon.